Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The art is larger, and more is revealed!


This is just one example of how much bigger the English version is versus the original Japanese version. (Click to enlarge.) The paper and printing are just so much nicer too. And my suspicions were correct (I mentioned it a long time ago) ~the larger format means that they uncovered more of the art. For example: notice how the extra spacing reveals more if the image in the English version. THANK YOU DARK HORSE

I'll post more examples and excerpts from the book in the coming days. For now, be sure to buy your copy! And join us on our Hyrule Historia group if you want some of the fastest Hyrule Historia updates on the net.

2 comments:

  1. So, when you gonna unban me from commenting on your Facebook posts? All I said is I don't appreciate the spoilers. Can't you take criticism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not 100% sure who this is since there's no name for reference, but my assumption would be that it's related to this: I've only banned 5 people from the HH page in the year of it's life, (which is very few out of 10,000 who were there before our goal was met,) and it was all for either being flat out trollish-haters or negative in a pointless manner, because (!) that's not the attitude I want to see fostered there. No other reason. Your comment fell into into the later.

    #2: that's not what you said. You did not say "I don't appreciate the spoilers."

    If you had said, "I don't appreciate spoilers, I wish you wouldn't post art" I would have said what I said to the others who were polite; "Thanks! That's helpful, I've been trying to figure out what people want from this place since we reached our goal."

    Instead you said: "It's pretty annoying seeing new images from the book every now and then. At this rate I don't even have to buy the book, you guys seem determined to just hand it all out. I think it's enough now."

    To which I said: "Question then, why did you stick around after we accomplished our original goal? I've posted about 1/10 of just 2 or 3 pages out of 276 pages, that's an incredibly small percent, ~besides what Dark Horse is releasing themselves for promotional reasons~ maybe when you see the book you'll realize how much is actually in it?"

    *shrugs* If you can understand that, sure! I will un-ban you and you can follow the page for updates.

    If you want to email me, it's easy to find: melorasworld@gmail.com

    I'm spending my time taking care of sick pets and my own health, as well as content for the site. I don't always check comments, so I often just ban anything that goes in a negative route. (Which is actually very, very rare.) But, you're certainly welcome to let me know your mind at that email.

    ReplyDelete